Please Note That, it ONLY works with Blender 3.1 or above.
What is it?
It is asset pack of over 100 meshes as surface details. it utilizes blender internal addon tissue to populate target mesh surface. it also comes with a helper script to simplify the process.
while I am making a character, after the block out phase, adding and refining surface details sometime can be time consuming. so I made this to help me speed up the process. especially applying standard hard surface boolean object onto a curved surface is quite beneficial to me.
how to add details:
1. in Object mode, select a source detail object, shift select a target object and press add element.
2. in edit mode, select some face and choose a detail from the preview and press add element.
3. this only apply to adding details for scifi category: select a source detail object, single mesh or boolean mesh, shift select a target surface mesh, go to Edit mode, select a rectangle shape and press add element.
4. this only apply to adding details for scifi category: select a target surface mesh, go to edit mode ,select a rectangle shape and choose a detail from preview, press add element.
5. subdivide details:
6. modify shape on the fly:
7. control the blendshape:
detail meshes are grouped into different categories:
1. Net and Grid Alike:
2. Armor, Scales, Lace and Cloth Deco:
3. Architecture element such as brick, tiles:
4. some random Hard Surface Models using Boolean Modifiers Stacks:
contact me: email@example.com
############# Update ############
fix: error when apply on link-duplicated mesh
modification: unify the final mesh structure. final mesh is the parent mesh, child mesh one with suffix "_Handy_Shape" control the surface distribution, child mesh two with suffix "_Handy_Source_Detail" control the per face detail.
this is mainly for Mac OS users. it fixed an error when import asset from folders. for Windows users, it has no impact. therefore, no need to update.
special thanks to blender user "205" for pointing it out and assistance along the way.
Optimized: Refresh Changes now works when Shape object or Detail object is modified.